amico imaginaria

"amico imaginaria" is the title of my latest exhibit at La Fab in Chelsea, Quebec ... opening May 15.
on view will be small paintings - recent and not so recent. what ties them together is the medium - gouache on rag paper. I call the show "amico imaginaria" because it suggests "imaginary friends" and that combination of words perfectly describes my relationship to the work in this show.

 For the last 25 years I have been saying the following about my work:


"My paintings are inspired, influenced and shaped through my experience of places, people and things in my life. I work with the belief that what is most personal is also most universal. My perception is that our vulnerability, our deepest innermost thoughts and feelings of the world around us can actually be common and shared."
These following images are selections from the exhibition:
***










Comments

Popular Posts